If you own a business, you might have already thought of incorporating SEO or Search Engine Optimisation to your marketing strategy. Well, why not, when virtually every company has its own website with a well-planned SEO Services strategy to boost site traffic and brand awareness which will eventually result to higher sales? The problem, however, lies in the SEO company you will hire.
Is there a sure-fire way in hiring a competent SEO company? No, there isn’t but taking cues from what the company promises could give you an idea of what kind of SEO company they are. For instance, the following are promises a lousy SEO company makes.
1. Massive quality links – In SEO, the words massive and quality don’t come together. If the company promises 500 article links, 1000 directories and 1000 blog comments all in one month, for sure these links are not high quality. They are software generated which will not do any good to your website. With the latest updates in Google’s algorithm, detecting unnatural links is quite easy. Getting your website punished by Google is the last thing you want.
2. First page on SERPs – Unless your company website is already on the first page of Google, promises of instant high ranking don’t work with many clients anymore. SEO’s goal is not solely to dominate the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). While doing all these optimization efforts, keeping quality in mind is very important. A company that slowly builds your business’ reputation using white hat techniques is more favorable than one that boosts your rankings immediately using unethical methods. Sooner or later, Google will notice and your website will be punished.
3. Quick results – SEO takes a lot of time and effort to properly execute. A company that promises results within a couple of weeks regarding the website’s ranking must have cut corners and this action will eventually fire back.
4. Please search engines – Upon hearing this from a company, run. SEO doesn’t aim to please the search engines. What it does is to please readers and visitors. When writing content for articles marketing for instance, keep in mind that the content is for people not for the search engine.
5. Trick Google – Seriously, a company that tells you this is very complacent. Google is smart, always updated and is not lenient when it comes to violators. There have been strategies before that worked but after some changes done by Google, they became useless. Instead of tricking Google, why not just please it? You can only please Google by using the right techniques and adding value to customers, not add to the garbage on the net.
Don’t listen to these promises. You should know better by hiring only the best SEO company. Find one through referrals or through the help of the Internet.